Saturday, October 22, 2011

What Would Tim Gunn Say?

This is inspired by (but should in no way be blamed on) my little homie, Kenny.

He's been working on a new, more rapid style of drawing, and this had led to a series of sketches of comic book heroes with tragic costumes.

I decided that I wanted in on this action, so I present a rapid sketch of Wolverine, in his original costume:






All apologies to Logan. I'm aware that someone else designed it for you, and that you would never have picked this absurd look for yourself.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

Haha YES!!

Great piece, glad I could play "doodle muse" for you. I love the mood here. I'm guessing in his downtime he likes to sulk in dark rooms while staring at his costume.

Probably listening to "Everybody Hurts" on a continuous loop.

The Snob said...

Close, but remember that he's Canadian, so he's listening to "Last Year's Man" on a continuous loop.