Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sketching Celebrities

It's probably fair to say that each of us could define the word "celebrity" a bit differently.

For myself -for the time being- I'm going to define a celebrity as being a person who has gained a rather widespread notoriety for having a productive and/or entertaining skill, which they use to say things of artistic & cultural value.

No, there is no way to quantify this.

This means that my definition of celebrity is, in practice, just famous & kinda famous people that I like.

I've been keeping a sketchbook of my bizarre little doodles of celebrities for some time now (I've been ignoring said sketchbook for most of that time), and I want to start showing some of those sketches to you... the three people who ever see this blog.

We'll start with the first in the book; Tom Waits (looking rather more like John Steinbeck)






And, hell, why not, a watercolor sketch of Ornette Coleman

No comments: